Great Chart with Singleton
Founded in December 1894
The old and attractive village of Great Chart has a long history and is referred to in many ancient documents. The village street is a conservation area and most of the properties are Listed Buildings. The Parish of Great Chart was enlarged in 1987 to include the large comprehensive development of Singleton and the parish is now divided into two Wards - Great Chart with Singleton North and Singleton South.
Singleton has one of Kent’s 7 Giants, each of which was inspired by local associations or locations. Flora’s inspiration was the necklace of woodland that surrounds Singleton. She is a focal point for the community, regularly making her appearance at events in the area.
The Council's office is located at the TCV building at the address below:
The Great Chart with Singleton Parish Council Office,
The Singleton Environment Centre
Wesley School Road
Chilmington Green (updated 8 July 2011) - see also link to Borough Council website and Chilmington Green website in 'Useful links'